Artist/Arts Collective/Representative is responsible to:
- Review proposed site to determine conditions are suitable for work
- Sign a Vallejo Art Windows (VAW) Limits of Liability Waiver.
- Provide art following the VAW guidelines.
- Professionally display the work
- Provide contact and bio information/artist statement. (VAW will provide one “Downtown Art Windows” sign to be placed in the window area)
- Display work for one year based on property availability, without interruption.
- Install and de-install artwork, according to the property owners’ access hours.
- Restore the space back to its found condition, there are no exceptions.
- Handle all sales. No commission is required by VAW. Donations to VCAF accepted.
- If needed, check exhibition to ensure all aspects are working properly.
- Promote the exhibit through your own arts organizations, network.
- Remove art quickly if space is rented or not available for display, clean space after exhibit.
Vallejo Art Windows is responsible to:
- Gain approval from property owners for use of the site
- Coordinate entry into the space for installation
- Produce signage and promotional materials for the VAW program.
- Promote the installations via traditional and electronic media
The Host/Property Owner
- Provide the site, with consideration of electrical and lighting.
- Sign the Limits of Liability Waiver.
PROMOTION: Artists will gain promotional benefits and are expected to cover expenses to produce and present the work.
INSURANCE: The artist is required to cover costs of personally insuring the work on display. VAW and its affiliates are not responsible for any damage the piece incurs during installation, presentation, de-installation, or transportation.
INSTALLATION: The artist is required to install the artwork. The artist is required to cover costs of transportation, installation, de-installation and maintenance. Appropriate signage will be agreed upon by all partners and mounted near the artwork.
WEAR AND TEAR: Normal processes such as fading are risks assumed by the artist.
REMOVAL & SITE MEDIATION: The artist is responsible for de-installation and removal of the artwork, and returning the site to its original condition if necessary. Any damage during install or de-install is also assumed by the artist. Please consult with owner prior to installation where any alteration of the existing space is necessary (drilling holes, removing signage, moving furniture, etc…)
DOCUMENTATION: The artist(s) retain sole ownership and copyright of the artwork, but agrees to grant to VCAF a royalty-free, perpetual license to use any depictions of the work for any lawful purpose such as marketing and promotion.
TO APPLY: Electronic and mail applications will be accepted; however, on-line submissions are encouraged!